Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How to Make $40 in 20 Seconds

My sister got married two weekends ago. It was a great wedding, and while I'm proud of my 4 month old daughter Georgia and how well she traveled from Chicago to New Jersey, I'm even more proud of my 15 year old son Latham and how he realized that 20 seconds of potential embarrassment is well worth $40.

The deal: I put up $20, my cousin's husband put up another $20, and Latham had to dance with his grandmother for 20 seconds and 1) bust out the robot and 2) work in some Elaine-dancing-on-Seinfeld moves. Oh, and he had to let us film it and put in on this here blog:



In retrospect, I'm not sure we should have given him full credit for the Elaine moves, but the robot (and the fact that he waited for the band to play "Pick Up the Pieces") makes up for it.

Well played, Latham, and may you some day find another job that pays you the equivalent of $7,200 per hour. Just make sure it's legal.

3 comments:

Peter Cooper said...

Haha, very good! Man, if that sort of dancing made $40 for 20 seconds, I'd be a rather rich man on all that sort of dancing I've done for free :)

RATTBOOKS BLOG said...

What a GREAT kid Latham is! Give him your KISS belt buckle and let him sport it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.